Rushall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1686
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Rushall
- Great Barr
- Walsall St Peter
- Walsall St Matthew
- Walsall Wood St John
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RUSHALL, a parish, with a village and a r. station, in Walsall district, Stafford; on the North Staffordshire railway, 1 mile NNE of Walsall. Acres, 1,924. Post-town, Walsall. Real property, £8,094; of which £570 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 1,946; in 1861, 2,842. Houses, 586. The property is divided among a few. A seat of the Bowleses, the Grobbers, and the Leighs was here, but went to ruin. Limestone and ironstone abound, and are worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £292. Patrons, W. Mellish and B. Gurdon, Esqs. The church was rebuilt in 1444, and recently repaired. An Independent chapel was built in 1861; and is in the early English style, with a tower. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Walsall
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Walsall
- Poor Law Union: Walsall
- Hundred: South Offlow
- Province: Canterbury