Quarry Bank is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1844 from Brierley Hill Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1845
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist and New Connexion
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
QUARRY-BANK, a village and a chapelry in Kings-winford parish, Stafford. The village stands ½ a mile S E of Brierley-Hill r. station, and has a post-office under Brierley-Hill. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Pop. in 1861, 4, 790. Houses, 916. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1847, at a cost of £3,000; and is in the early English style. There are chapels for Primitive Methodists and New Connexion Methodists, and national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stourbridge
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Himley
Poor Law Union: Stourbridge
Hundred: North Seisdon