Pensnett St Mark is an Ecclesiastical parish formed in 1844 from Kingswinford, Staffordshire.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Pensett
Parish church: St Mark
Parish registers begin:
* Parish registers: 1845
* Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist, New Connexion Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Pensnett
- Brierley Hill
- Kingswinford St Mary
- Dudley St Thomas
Historical Descriptions of Pensnett
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Pensnett, a hamlet and a chapelry in Kingswinford parish, Stafford. The hamlet lies adjacent to Worcestershire, near Brierley Hill r. station, and 2 miles SW of Dudley; and has a post-office under Dudley. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Pop. in 1861, 5,639. Houses, 1,065. The inhabitants are employed in the mining of coal, the smelting of iron ore, and the manufacture of hardware and glass. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £250. Patron, the Earl of Dudley. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Stourbridge
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Himley
Poor Law Union: Stourbridge
Hundred: North Seisdon