Pelsall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1766 from chapelry in Wolverhampton St Peter Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1756
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Pelsall
- Norton Canes
- Walsall Wood St John
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PELSALL, a township-chapelry in Wolverhampton parish, Stafford; on the Wyrley canal and the South Stafford railway, 3 miles NNE of Walsall. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Walsall. Acres, 1,194. Real property, £8,127; of which £3,815 are in mines, and £2,000 in iron-works. Pop. in 1851, 1,132; in 1861, 1,892. Houses, 376. The manor belongs to the Duke of Sutherland. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good; and a tower was added to it in 1821. There are a Wesleyan chapel and an endowed national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Walsall
- Probate Court: Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Pre-1846 - Court of the Peculiar of Wolverhampton
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Walsall
- Poor Law Union: Walsall
- Hundred: South Offlow
- Province: Canterbury