Oakamoor is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1833 from Cheadle Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Oakmoor
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1832
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1835
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OAKAMOOR, or Oakmoor, a chapelry in Cheadle parish, Stafford; on the river Churnet and on the North Staffordshire railway, 3 miles ENE of Cheadle. It has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post-office under Stafford. The statistics are returned with the parish. The inhabitants are employed chiefly in cotton manufacture, and in collieries and brassworks. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £40. Patron, the Rector of Cheadle.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Cheadle
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Cheadle
Poor Law Union: Cheadle
Hundred: North Totmonslow; South Totmonslow