Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist, New Connexion
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NORTHWOOD, a village and a chapelry in Hanley township, Stoke-upon-Trent parish, Stafford. The village is suburban to Hanley town; and shares in that town's connexion with the potteries, in its general trade, and in its railway facilities. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Post-town, Hanley, under Stoke-upon-Trent. Pop. in 1861, 6,099. Houses, 1,208. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. There are national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stoke upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stoke upon Trent
Poor Law Union: Stoke on Trent
Hundred: North Pirehill