Mavesyn Ridware is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Ridware Hill, Hill Ridware, and Blithbury.
Alternative names: Mavesyn Ridware
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MAVESYN-RIDWARE, a parish in Lichfield district, Stafford; on the river Trent, the Grand Trunk canal, and the Trent Valley railway, near Armitage r. station, 3¼ miles ESE of Rugeley. It contains the villages of Blithbury and Hill-Ridware; and its Post town is Rugeley. Acres, 2,475. Real property, £4,920. Pop., 462. Houses, 115. The manor belonged anciently to the Malvoisins, and belongs now to Lord Leigh. Mavesyn-Ridware Hall was the seat of the Chadwicks, and is now a farm-house. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £438. Patrons, Messrs. Chadwick and Lane. The church is an ungainly modern building, with an old tower; and an aisle adjoins it, containing monuments of the Malvoisins and the Chadwicks. Charities, £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Lichfield
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Alrewas and Weeford
Rural Deanery: Rugeley
Poor Law Union: Lichfield
Hundred: North Offlow