Marston with Whitgreave is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1850 from Marston Ecclesiastical Parish and Whitgreave Ecclesiastical Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Whitgreave.
Alternative names: Marston, Marston near Stafford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1565
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARSTON, a township-chapelry in St. Mary and St. Chad parish, Staffordshire; partly suburban to Stafford, but averagely 2 miles WSW of Sandon r. station, and 2¾ N of Stafford. Post town, Stafford. Real property, £3,200. Pop. in 1851, 206; in 1861, 345. Houses, 67. The increase of pop. arose from the erection of houses in the part adjoining Stafford. The property is divided among a few. A considerable common was enclosed in 1800. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicage of Whitgreave, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £180. Patron, the Rector of St. Mary. The church is good, and has a bell-turret.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Stafford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stafford
Poor Law Union: Stafford
Hundred: South Pirehill