Kingstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Alternative names: Kingston
Other places in the parish include: Blithe Bridge.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1755
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- Abbots Bromley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINGSTON, a village and a parish in Uttoxeter district, Stafford. The village stands 2 miles S of Bramshall r. station, and 3½ SW by S of Uttoxeter. The parish extends to the river Blithe, and includes the hamlet of Blithe-Bridge. Post town, Uttoxeter, under Stoke-upon-Trent. Acres, 2,009. Real property, £2,673. Pop., 312. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Shrewsbury. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £68. Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury. The church was rebuilt in 1861, and is in the early English style. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Uttoxeter
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Uttoxeter
Poor Law Union: Uttoxeter
Hundred: South Totmonslow