King's Bromley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Alternative names: Bromley Regis, King's Bromley
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1673
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1632
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- King's Hays Bromley
- Alrewas Hays
- Hamstall Ridware
- Lichfield St Chad
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROMLEY (King's), or Bromley-Regis, a parish in Lichfield district, Stafford; on the river Trent, 2¾ miles E of Armitage r. station, and 5 N of Lichfield. It has a post office, of the name of King's Bromley, under Lichfield. Acres, inclusive of King's Bromley Hays, sometimes deemed extra-parochial, 3,370. Real property, £7,381. Pop., 638. Houses, 148. The manor belonged, in the Saxon times, to Earl Leofric; after the Conquest, to the Crown; and passed to the Agards and the Newtons. Bromley Hall is the seat of the Lane family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £210. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is later English, and has monuments of the Agards and the Newtons. A school has £105 from endowment; and other charities, £74.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Lichfield
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Alrewas and Weeford
Rural Deanery: Lichfield
Poor Law Union: Lichfield
Hundred: North Offlow