Ingestre is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Alternative names: Ingestrie
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1691
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1676
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
INGESTRE, a parish in the district and county of Stafford; on the river Trent, the Grand Trunk canal, and the Trent Valley railway, 3 miles SW of Weston r. station, and 4 E by N of Stafford. Post town, Stafford. Acres, 868. Real property, £2,566. Pop., 151. Houses, 26. The manor belonged to the De Multons; passed, in the time of Edward III., to the Chetwynds; belongs now to the Earl of Shrewsbury; and gives him the title of Viscount. Ingestre Hall is the manorial mansion, dates from the Tudor times, and has been entirely restored. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £525. Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury. The church was rebuilt in 1676, and contains monuments of the Chetwynds and the Talbots.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Stafford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stafford
Poor Law Union: Stafford
Hundred: South Pirehill