Harlaston is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1846 from chapelry in Clifton Campville with Chilcote Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Harleston
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1693
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARLASTON, or HARLESTON, a parochial chapelry in Clifton-Campville parish, Stafford; on an affluent of the river Trent, adjacent to the Birmingham and Derby railway, near the boundary with Derbyshire, 1 mile ENE of Haselour r. station, and 4 N of Tamworth. Post-town, Clifton-Campville, under Tamworth. Real property, £2,532. Pop., 239. Houses, 56. The manorhouse was ancient; but has been rebuilt. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £444. Patron, Francis Willington, Esq. The church has an old wooden belfry.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Tamworth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Tamworth
Poor Law Union: Tamworth
Hundred: North Offlow