Hanford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1828 from Trentham Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1828
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1828
Nonconformists include: Methodist New Connexion and Primitive Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HANFORD, a township and a chapelry in Trentham parish, Stafford. The township lies near the Grand Trunk canal and the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles S of Stoke-on-Trent; and has a post office under Stoke-on-Trent. Real property, £1,963. Pop., 832. Houses, 187. The property is divided among a few. Hanford Hall belongs to the Duke of Sutherland. The chapelry was constituted in 1831; and is rather larger than the township. Pop., 857. Houses, 191. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £140. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church was built in 1827, and enlarged and improved in 1862.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Stone
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Trentham
Poor Law Union: Stone
Hundred: North Pirehill