Edingale is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1824 from a chapelry in Alrewas Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Edinghall
Parish registers begin: 1575
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Edingale
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EDINGALE, or Edinghall, a parish in Tamworth district, Stafford; on the verge of the county, at the river Meese, adjacent to the Derby and Birmingham railway, near Croxall r. station, 5 miles N of Tamworth. Post town, Elford, under Tamworth. Acres, 900. Real property, £1,334. Pop., 208. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £80. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good. Charities, £4. Buckeridge, the antiquary, was incumbent.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Tamworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Alrewas and Weeford
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Tamworth
- Poor Law Union: Tamworth
- Hundred: North Offlow
- Province: Canterbury