Chebsey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Cold Norton.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1713
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Society of Friends/Quaker.
Parishes adjacent to Chebsey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHEBSEY, a township and a parish in Stone district, Stafford. The township lies on the river Sow and on the Grand Junction railway, 1¼ mile S of Norton-Bridge station, and 2 E of Eccleshall. Real property, £7, 102. Pop., 472. Houses. 94. The parish contains also the township of Cold-Norton; and its post town is Eccleshall. Acres, 4,172. Real property, £8,900. Pop., 514. Houses, 99. The manor belonged to the Hastings family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £285. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield. The church is old; and the churchyard formerly had a curious obelisk.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
FreeReg - Parish Registers - Free
Civil Registration District: Stone
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Eccleshall
Poor Law Union: Stone
Hundred: South Pirehill