Chapel Chorlton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1743 from chapelry in Eccleshall Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Stableford, Chorlton with Stableford, and Chorlton Hill.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Chorlton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1681
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Chapel Chorlton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHORLTON, a chapelry in Eccleshall parish, Stafford: on the North Western railway, 1¾ mile SSE of Whitmore r. station, and 6 N by W of Eccleshall. It includes the township of Chorlton-Hill, and part of the hamlet of Stableford; and its post town is Whitmore, under Stoke-on-Trent. Acres, 1, 921. Real property, £3, 342. Pop., 484. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £105. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
FreeReg - Parish Registers - Free
Civil Registration District: Newcastle under Lyme
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Eccleshall
Rural Deanery: Eccleshall
Poor Law Union: Newcastle under Lyme
Hundred: North Pirehill