Canwell is an extra-parochial place.
Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Canwell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CANWELL, an extra-parochial tract in Tamworth district, Stafford; on the verge of the county, 5 miles SW of Tamworth. Acres, 290. Real property, £681. Pop., 43. Houses, 7. Canwell Hall is the seat of Sir F. Lawley, Bart. A Benedictine priory was founded here in 1142, by Geva, daughter of Hugh Lupus; and given, at the dissolution, to Cardinal Wolsey.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Tamworth
- Probate Court: Search the surrounding parishes
- Diocese: Not Applicable
- Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
- Poor Law Union: Tamworth
- Hundred: South Offlow
- Province: Canterbury