Alternative names: Butterton by Hulme End
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1746
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Butterton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUTTERTON, a township-chapelry in Mayfield parish, Stafford; 5½ miles ENE of Cheddleton r. station, and 6 E of Leek. Post Town, Warslow, under Ashbourne. Acres, 1,940. Real property, £3,843. Pop., 325. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £90. Patron, the Vicar of Mayfield. The church has a tower, and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £37.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Leek
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Alstonfield
Poor Law Union: Leek
Hundred: South Totmonslow