Broughton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1787 from Eccleshall Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1838
Parishes adjacent to Broughton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROUGHTON, a chapelry in Eccleshall parish, Stafford; 4½ miles W of Standon-Bridge r. station, and 6 miles E of Market-Drayton. Post Town, Ashley, under Market-Drayton. Acres, 590. Pop., 21. Houses, 2. Broughton Hall is an old Tudor mansion. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £110. Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church is small, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stone
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Eccleshall
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Eccleshall
- Poor Law Union: Stone
- Hundred: North Pirehill
- Province: Canterbury