Brockmoor is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1844 from Brierley Hill Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Brockmoor
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROCKMOOR, a chapelry in Kingswinford parish, Stafford; adjacent to the West Midland railway, a mile NW of Brierley Hill. It was constituted in 1844; and its Post Town is Brierley Hill. Pop., 3,844. Houses, 721. Most of the inhabitants are employed in coal and iron-works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is a neat structure; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Staffordshire, Brockmoor – History ( 1 )
Focus on Brockmoor
Author: Sparry, John
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stourbridge
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Himley
- Poor Law Union: Stourbridge
- Hundred: North Seisdon
- Province: Canterbury