Bradley le Moors is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1744 from chapelry in Rocester Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Bradley in the Moors
Parish registers begin: 1678
Parishes adjacent to Bradley le Moors
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRADLEY-IN-THE-MOORS, a parish in Cheadle district, Stafford; near the Uttoxeter canal, 1½ mile WSW of Alton r. station, and 4 ESE of Cheadle. Post Town, Alton, under Stafford. Acres, 650. Real property, £1,014. Pop., 43. Houses, 11. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £58. Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Cheadle
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Newcastle and Stone
- Poor Law Union: Cheadle
- Hundred: South Totmonslow
- Province: Canterbury