Bloxwich is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1810 from Walsall St Matthew Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1733
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Bloxwich
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLOXWICH, a village, a chapelry, and a subdistrict in Walsall district, Stafford. The village stands on the Wirley and Essington canal, adjacent to the Walsall and Stafford railway, 2½ miles NNW of Walsall; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Walsall. The chapelry is in Walsall parish; and was constituted in 1842. Rated property, £17,509. Pop. in 1841, 3,801; in 1861, 7,345. Houses, 1,424. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, the Inhabitants. The church is very good; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Roman Catholics. The subdistrict includes also Pelsall township in Wolverhampton parish. Pop., 9,237. Houses, 1,800.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Walsall
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Walsall
- Poor Law Union: Walsall
- Hundred: South Offlow
- Province: Canterbury