Berkswich with Walton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire. Bednall is a chapelry of Berkswich with Walton.
Alternative names: Baswick
Other places in the parish include: Brockton, Brocton, Walton near Stafford, Walton, and Milford.
Parish registers begin: 1601
Nonconformists include: Methodist New Connexion, Primitive Methodist, and Roman Catholic.
Parishes adjacent to Berkswich with Walton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BASWICK, or Berkswick, a township in Stafford district, and a parish in Stafford and Penkridge districts, Staffordshire. The township is united to two other tracts, under the name of Baswick, Milford, and Walton; it lies on the Worcester canal, near the Northwestern and the Trent Valley railways, 2 miles SE of Stafford; and it contains the post office of Walton under Stafford. Real property, £4,015. Pop., 660. Houses, 128. The parish contains also the township of Brockton and that of Acton-Trussel and Bednell. Acres, 6,608. Real property, £10,497. Pop., 1,555. Houses, 302. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of St. Thomas, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £238. Patrons, J. N. Lane, Esq., and the Rev.Inge. The church is good; and the p. curacy of Acton-Trussel-with-Bednell is a separate benefice. Charities, £15.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stafford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Stafford
- Poor Law Union: Stafford
- Hundred: East Cuttlestone
- Province: Canterbury