Barlaston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1575
Nonconformists include: Protestant Dissenters
Parishes adjacent to Barlaston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARLASTON, a parish in Stone district, Stafford; on the Grand Trunk canal and the North Stafford railway, 3½ miles NNW of Stone. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Stone. Acres, 2,157. Real property, £5,078. Pop., 637. Houses, 121. The property is divided among a few. Barlaston Hall was formerly a seat of the Bagnalls; and is now the seat of a branch of the Adderleys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is modern, but has an ancient tower. Charities, £24.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stone
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Trentham
- Poor Law Union: Stone
- Hundred: South Pirehill
- Province: Canterbury