Yeovilton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Alternative names: Yeovilton with Hainbury and Speckington
Other places in the parish include: Bridghampton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1710
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Chilton Cantelo
- West Camel
- Charlton Mackrell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
YEOVILTON, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Yeovil district, Somerset; 1½ mile E of Ilchester, and 3¾ W of Marston r. station. Post town, Ilchester, under Taunton. Acres, 1,753. Real property, £3,260. Pop., 342. Houses, 60. The manor was known to the Saxons as Geviltone; belonged, at the Norman conquest, to W. du Ewe; passed to W. de Botreaux and others; and belongs now to G. D. W. Digby, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £445. Patron, the Bishop of B. and W. The church is later English. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Yeovil
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Ilchester
Poor Law Union: Yeovil