Yarlington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Other places in the parish include: Lower Woolston.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1655
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Bratton St Maur
- North Cadbury
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
YARLINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Wincanton district, Somerset; 3 miles SSE of Castle-Cary r. station. It has a post-office under Bath, and a fair on 26 Aug. Acres, 1,207. Real property, £2,625. Pop., 246. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to T. E. Rogers, Esq. Remains of an ancient camp are on a hill. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £252. Patron, the Rev. R. G. Rogers. The church is early English.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Wincanton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Cary
Poor Law Union: Wincanton