Weston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
Nonconformists include: Countess of Huntingdon Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Weston St John
- Bath Abbey
- North Stoke
- Walcot Holy Trinity
- Cold Ashton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTON, a village and a parish in Bath district, Somerset. The village stands 2 miles NW of Bath r. station; and has a post-office under Bath, a courthouse, a police station, and a fair on 10 Aug. The parish comprises 2,650 acres. Real property, £20,862; of which £4,473 are in gasworks. Pop., 3,127. Houses, 610. The property is much subdivided. There are numerous villas. Lansdown hill, noticed in our article on Bath, is here. Building-stone and blue lias abound; and the latter is calcined into lime. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £468. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was built in 1832, and is in the later English style. A chapel of ease, called St. John's, was built in 1838. There are three dissenting chapels, a national school, and charities £24.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bath
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Bath
Poor Law Union: Bath
Hundred: Bath Forum