Ubley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Alternative names: Obleigh
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1671
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Chew Stoke
- Nempnett Thrubwell
- Compton Martin
- West Harptree
- Chewton Mendip
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
UBLEY, or Obleigh, a parish, with a village, in Clutton district, Somerset; under the Mendip hills, 8 miles SSE of Nailsea r. station, and 8 N by W of Wells. Post town, Temple-Cloud, under Bristol. Acres, 1,811. Real property, £2,703. Pop., 307. Houses, 66. The property is much subdivided. Lead ore is worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £200. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £5. A cattle fair is held on 4 Sept.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Clutton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Redcliffe and Bedminster, Post-1846 - Chew
Poor Law Union: Clutton