Trent is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Other places in the parish include: Adber.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
Parishes adjacent to Trent
- Sandford Orcas
- Marston Magna
- Nether Compton
- Over Compton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TRENT, a parish in the district of Sherborne and county of Somerset; 2¾ miles NE of Yeovil r. station. Post town, Sherborne. Acres, 1,590. Real property, £4,554. Pop., 512. Houses, 122. The manor belongs to H. D. Seymour, Esq. T. House belonged to the Wyndhams; gave concealment for 15 days to Charles II., after the battle of Worcester; and is now a farmhouse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £514. Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church was restored and enlarged in 1840; and is a very fine edifice, with a spire. There are an endowed school with £120 a year, four alms houses, and other charities £24.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Adbeer, a hamlet, in the parish of Trent, union of Sherborne, hundred of Horethorne, E. division of Somerset, 4¾ miles (N. E. by N.) from Yeovil. A chapel dedicated to the Virgin Mary was demolished during the civil war.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
Adbeer, a hamlet in the parish of Trent, county of Somerset; 4 miles north-east by north from Yeovil. A chapel here was demolished during the Civil war.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Civil Registration District: Sherborne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Merston
Poor Law Union: Sherborne