Saltford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1709
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- North Stoke
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SALTFORD, a village and a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset. The village stands on the river Avon, adjacent to the Great Western railway, 5 miles WNW of Bath; is a neat and pleasant place; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office, designated Saltford, Somerset. The parish comprises 880 acres. Real property, £2, 522. Pop., 373. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. S. House is the seat of Vice-Admiral B. M. Kelly. S. tunnel, on the railway, is approached through a deep cutting in lias rocks, and is 499 feet long. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £200. Patron, J. G. Hill, Esq. The church was restored in 1851. There is an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Keynsham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Redcliffe and Bedminster, Post-1846 - Bath
Poor Law Union: Keynsham