Rowberrow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1718
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROWBERROW, a parish, with a village, in Axbridge district, Somerset; on the NW end of the Mendip hills, 3 miles NNE of Axbridge, and 5¼ SSE of Yatton r. station. Post-town, Congresbury, Somerset. Acres, 954. Rated property, £511. Pop., 241. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to E. Leacroft, Esq. Lapis calaminaris is found, and has been worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £134. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1865. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Axbridge
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Axbridge
Poor Law Union: Axbridge