Rimpton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Alternative names: Rympton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1537
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
- Sandford Orcas
- Marston Magna
- Corton Denham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RIMPTON, a parish in the district of Sherborne and county of Somerset; 1 mile ESE of Marston r. station, and 3½ NNW of Sherborne. Post-town, Sherborne. Acres, 999. Real property, £2,508. Pop., 282. Houses, 62. The manor belongs to J. H. Kinglake and A. W. Kinglake, Esqs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £272. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is ancient. There are a parochial school and charities £4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Sherborne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Merston
Poor Law Union: Sherborne
Hundred: Taunton and Taunton Dean