Redlynch is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Somerset, created in 1733 from chapelry in Bruton Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
REDLYNCH, a chapelry in Bruton parish, Somerset; 1¾ mile SE by S of Bruton r. station. Post-town, Bruton, under Bath. Real property, with Discove, £1,571. Pop. of R. alone, 61. Houses, 16. R. Park is the seat of the Earl of Ilchester. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £59. Patron, Sir H. H. Hoare, Bart. A fair is held on 29 June.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Wincanton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Cary
Poor Law Union: Wincanton