Isle Brewers is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Other places in the parish include: Westport.
Alternative names: Ile Brewers, Ilebrewers
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1705
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
- Isle Abbots
- Curry Rivel
- North and South Bradon
- Hambridge with Earnshill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ISLE-BREWERS, a parish, with a village, in Langport district, Somerset; on the river Isle, adjacent to Isle-Abbots, 6 miles S by W of Langport r. station. Post town, Isle-Abbots, under Taunton. Acres, 1,243. Real property, with North Bradon, £2,938. Pop., 314. Houses, 65. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £220. Patron, the Prince of Wales. The church was rebuilt in 1861; is in the early decorated English style; and comprises nave, chancel, and S porch, with tower and spire. Dr. Joseph Wolff was vicar.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Langport
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Crewkerne
Poor Law Union: Langport
Hundred: Abdick and Bulstone