Cheddon Fitzpaine is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
- West Monkton
- Kingston St Mary
- Taunton St James
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHEDDON-FITZPAINE, a parish in Taunton district, Somerset; on the river Tone, near Bridgewater canal, and the Bristol and Exeter railway, 2½ miles NE by N of Taunton. Post town, Taunton. Acres, 960. Real property, £2,456. Pop., 338. Houses, 73. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £584. Patron, J. A. Warre, Esq. The church is old, and was restored in 1861. Charities, £8, and a school-house.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Taunton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Taunton
Poor Law Union: Taunton
Hundred: Taunton and Taunton Dean