Brislington or Brislington St Luke is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Somerset, created in 1786 from chapelry in Keynsham Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
- Two Mile Hill
- Bristol St George
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRISLINGTON, a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset; on the river Avon and the Great Western railway, 2½ miles SE of Bristol. It has a post office under Bristol. Acres, 2,393. Real property, £9,697. Pop., 1,489. Houses, 218. The property is divided among a few. Brislington House is a large and well-arranged lunatic asylum. Brislington tunnel, on the line of the railway, goes through the shale and sandstone of the coal-measures; is 3,148 feet long; and has four ventilating shafts. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £170. Patron, F. L. Popham, Esq. The church is good; and was not long ago enlarged. There are a national school and charities £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Keynsham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Redcliffe and Bedminster, Post-1846 - Bath
Poor Law Union: Keynsham