Barton St David is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset.
Alternative names: St David Barton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1714
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARTON-ST.-DAVID, a parish in Langport district, Somerset; on the river Brue, 4 miles NE of Somerton, and 6 SE of Glastonbury r. station. Post Town, Somerton, under Taunton. Acres, 945. Real property, £2,002. Pop., 404. Houses, 88. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £60. Patron, the Rev. Mr. Garrett. The church was restored in 1858. There is an Independent chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Search Results for FamilySearch Catalog
England, Somerset, Barton-St. David – Census ( 1 )
England, Somerset, Barton-St. David – Church records ( 5 )
England, Somerset, Barton-St. David – Land and property ( 3 )
England, Somerset, Barton-St. David – Poorhouses, poor law, etc. ( 1 )
England, Somerset, Barton-St. David – Taxation ( 3 )
Somerset Archives & Family History Groups
- County: Somerset
- Civil Registration District: Langport
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
- Diocese: Bath and Wells
- Rural Deanery: Cary
- Poor Law Union: Langport
- Hundred: Catsash
- Province: Canterbury