Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1743 see also Shapwick
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1586
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Ashcott
- Long Sutton
- Glastonbury St Benedict
- High Ham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHCOTT, a parish in Bridgewater district, Somerset; near the Glastonbury railway, 5 miles WSW of Glastonbury. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Bath; and includes the hamlet of Pedwell. Acres, 2,272. Real property, £4,328. Pop., 817. Houses, 183 The manor belonged to Glastonbury Abbey. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Shapwick, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church was restored in 1860. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £70.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ashcott, 8 m. E. Bridgewater. P. 843.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Bridgwater
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Glastonbury
Poor Law Union: Bridgwater