Ash is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Somerset, created in 1845 from chapelry in Martock Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Long Sutton
- Long Load
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASH, a hamlet and a chapelry in Martock parish, Somerset. The hamlet stands near the Durston and Yeovil railway, 3 miles Sw of Ilchester. Pop., 322. The chapelry includes the hamlet, and was constituted in 1845. Post Town, Martock under Ilminster. Pop., 580. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £62. Patron, the Vicar of Martock.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Yeovil
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells
Diocese: Bath and Wells
Rural Deanery: Ilchester
Poor Law Union: Yeovil