Wrockwardine Wood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1834 from Wrockwardine Ancient Parish.
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin: 1833
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Wrockwardine Wood
- Priors Lee
- Donington Wood
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WROCKWARDINE-WOOD, a township in Wrockwardine parish, and a chapelry partly also in Eyton-upon-the-Wild-Moors parish, Salop. The township lies 1 mile N of Oakengates r. station, and 3½ E of Wellington; and has a post-office under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 502. Pop. in 1851, 2,099; in 1861, 3,317.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Wrockwardine Wood Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Wellington (Shropshire)
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Newport
- Poor Law Union: Wellington
- Hundred: South Bradford
- Province: Canterbury