Withington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1738 from chapelry in Upton Magna Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St John the Baptist
Parish registers begin: 1591
Parishes adjacent to Withington
- Upton Magna
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WITHINGTON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; on the Shrewsbury canal, 1¾ mile NE of Upton-Magna r. station, and 5¾ E of Shrewsbury. Post town, Upton-Magna, under Shrewsbury. Acres, 1,135. Real property, £1,998. Pop., 232. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to A. W. Corbet, Esq. The living is a p. curacy annexed to Upton-Magna. The church is decayed.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Withington Parish Registers 1591-1812
Shropshire Parish registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. V (1905)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
Withington Parish Registers 1591-1812 - Archive.org
Poorhouses, poor law, etc.
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Wellington
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: South Bradford
- Province: Canterbury