Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1563
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Parishes adjacent to Tasley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TASLEY, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; 1¼ mile WNW of Bridgnorth r. station. Post town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,031. Rated property, £1,243. Pop., 78. Houses, 15. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £212. Patron, E. F. Acton, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Tasley, a parish, in the union of Bridgenorth, hundred of Stottesden, S. division of Salop, 1 ¾ mile (N. W. by W.) from Bridgenorth; containing 83 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road from Bridgenorth to Shrewsbury, by way of Wenlock, and comprises 1027a. 2r. 34p., of which about 684 acres are arable, 333 pasture, and 10 acres woodland; the soil is in general a white loamy earth, and a sulphureous species of coal is obtained at the northern extremity of the parish. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 6. 8., and in the gift of E. F. Acton, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £210, and the glebe comprises 8 ½ acres. The church was rebuilt in the year 1841, in the early English style of architecture.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Tasley Parish Registers 1563-1812
Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Hereford Vol. I (1900)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore; 1907- W.G.D. Fletcher
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
Tasley, Poll Book 1865
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq.
Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire.
Bridgnorth Polling District
Tasley, Parish of
883 Edmonds William
884 Giles Joseph
885 Postlewaite Rev. John
Tasley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871
Tasley is a parish, 2 miles from Bridgnorth, in the Southern division of the county, Chelmarsh division of Stottesden hundred, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford. The church is a plain brick building, rebuilt in 1810. The living is a rectory, yearly value £212, with about 9 acres of glebe land, in the gift of Major Edward Farrer Acton, of Gatacre park. The principal landowners are Major E. F. Acton, D. L., and the Earl of Shrewsbury. The soil is strong clay; the subsoil is similar. The population in 1861 was 78, the area is 1,100 acres; gross estimated rental, £1,369; rateable value, £1, 286.
Letters received through Bridgnorth.
Edmonds Capt. William, Leasowes
Cartwright Thomas, brick and tile manufacturer
Davis John, farmer, Henley farm
Ford Henry, market gardener
Giles Joseph, farmer, The Hook
Gratton Thos, farmer, Hundred House farm
Price John, farmer, Race Course farm
Yapp Henry Bishop, Boar’s Head inn
Source: Edward Cassey & Co’s, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Shropshire 1871
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury