Sutton Maddock, Shropshire Family History Guide

Status: Ancient Parish

Parish church: St. Mary

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1559
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1673

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

SUTTON-MADDOCK, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; near the river Severn, 1½ mile ESE of Coalport r. station. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 2,662. Real property, £4,824. Pop., 420. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Kemberton. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

FamilySearch - Birth Marriage & Death Census Migration & Naturalization Military Probate & Court

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Shifnal
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Shifnal
  • Poor Law Union: Shifnal
  • Hundred: Brimstree
  • Province: Canterbury