Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Chad
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1664
- Astley Abbots
- Sutton Maddock
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOCKTON, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Shiffnal district, Salop; 2 miles E by N of Linley r. station, and 4¼ N by E of Bridgnorth. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 3,162. Real property, £5,191. Pop., 490. Houses, 92. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, not reported. Patron, W. A. Foster, Esq. The church was partly restored, partly rebuilt, in 1860.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Shifnal
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Shifnal
Poor Law Union: Shifnal