Stapleton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Netley.
Parish registers begin: 1635
Parishes adjacent to Stapleton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STAPLETON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; 1¼ mile SSW of Condover r. station, and 5¼ S by W of Shrewsbury. Post town, Shrewsbury. Acres, 1,836. Real property, £3,759. Pop., 281. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to the Hon. W. H. Powys. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £581. Patron, the Hon. W. H. Powys. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Netley. A township in the parish of Stapleton, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover. 6 ½ miles south-west by west of Shrewsbury.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
The registers of Stapleton, Shropshire 1546-1812
Stapleton, Shropshire, Poll Book 1865
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq.
Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire.
Church Stretton Polling District
Stapleton, Parish of
1337 Bromley William, dead
1338 Cook Robert
1339 Dickin Edward
1340 Draycott Thomas
1341 Edwards Thomas Henry Hope, see 1134
1342 Fielding Charles William Alexander
1343 Green Francis
1344 Jones John
1345 Jones John
1346 Powys Wentworth Henry
1347 Sankey Humphrey
1348 Woockcock John
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Condover
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: Condover
- Province: Canterbury