Stanton Lacy is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Wootton, Wooton, Woolton, Whitbatch, West Hamlets, West, Upper Hayton, Rock, Lower Hayton, Hopton, Henley, East and West Hamlets, East Hamlet, Downton and Hopton, and Downton.
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1638
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANTON-LACY, a township and a parish in Ludlow district, Salop. The township lies on the river Corve, 1¼ mile N of Bromfie1d r. station, and 3 NNW of Ludlow; and has a post-office under Bromfield, Shropshire. The parish contains also Downton, Lower Hayton, Upper Hayton, Rock, and Wootton townships, East and West hamlets, parts of Henley and Hopton townships, and Ludlow workhouse. Acres, 7,615. Real property, £12,882. Pop., 1,598. Houses, 326. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Va1ue, £485. Patron, R. G. W. Clive, Esq. The church is ancient but good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Ludlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ludlow
- Poor Law Union: Ludlow
- Hundred: Munslow
- Province: Canterbury