Smethcott is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: the townships of Betchcott and Picklescott, and the hamlet of Walkmills
Parish registers begin: 1609
Parishes adjacent to Smethcott
- Church Stretton
- Church Pulverbach
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SMETHCOTT, a village and a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop. The village stands 1½ mile WNW of Leebotwood r. station, and 4 N of Church-Stretton; and has a post-office under Shrewsbury. The parish includes the townships of Betchcott and Picklescott, and the hamlet of Walkmills. Acres, 2,705. Real property, £2,884. Pop., 318. Houses, 68. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £276. Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is good; and there are a slightly endowed school, and charities £15.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Picklescot. A township in the parish of Smethcot, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover. 4 miles north-west by north of Church Stretton.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Smethcott Parish Registers 1609-1812
Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. 1 (1900)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore; 1907- W.G.D. Fletcher
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
Smethcott, Shropshire, Poll Book 1865
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Church Stretton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Condover
- Poor Law Union: Church Stretton
- Hundred: Condover
- Province: Canterbury