Shrewsbury St Chad is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Woodcott and Horton, Woodcote and Horton, Whitley and Welbatch, The Yelds, Shelton and Oxon, Rossall Up and Down, Onslow, Longner, Frankwell, Crow Meole, Betton and Alkmere, Betton, and Alkmere.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1616
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1631
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, Methodist New Connexion, Particular Baptist, Presbyterian, Roman Catholic, Society of Friends/Quaker, Welsh Calvinistic Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Shrewsbury St Mary
- Meole Brace
- Bayston Hill
- Shrewsbury St Alkmund
- Great Hanwood
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Shrewsbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Shrewsbury
- Poor Law Union: Shrewsbury Incorporation
- Hundred: Albrighton Division; Condover; Ford; Shrewsbury Borough
- Province: Canterbury