Rodington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Sugden.
Alternative names: Roddinton
Parish church: St. George
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1631
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Upton Magna
- Ercall Magna or High Ercall
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RODINGTON, a township and a parish in Wellington district, Salop. The township lies on the river Roden and the Shrewsbury canal, 2 miles N of Walcott r. station, and 4¾ WNW of Wellington: and has a post-office under Shrewsbury. The parish contains also the township of Sugden; and comprises 1,615 acres. Real property, £2,831. Pop., 481. Houses, 106. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £270. Patron, the Lord Chancellor The church is modern. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Rodington. A parish in the Wellington division of the hundred of Bradford, South, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 6 miles north-east by east of Shrewsbury. 88 houses, 445 inhabitants.Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Parish Register Transcriptions
Rodington Marriages 1813 to 1824
Rodington Marriages 1825 to 1837
Rodington Register of Burials From 1813 to 1837
Civil Registration District: Wellington (Shropshire)
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Wellington
Poor Law Union: Wellington
Hundred: South Bradford