Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1637
- Cleobury North
- Ditton Priors
- Aston Botterell
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
NEENTON, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; on the river Rea, 6 ½ miles SW of Bridgnorth r. station. Post-town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,140. Real property, not separately returned. Pop., 110. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to H. Lyster, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £190. Patron, Lady Charles Lyster. The church is ancient but good, and has a bell-turret.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Neenton Parish Registers 1558 to 1812 - Archive.org
Poll Book 1865, Neenton Shropshire
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq.
Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire.
Bridgnorth Polling District
Neenton, Parish of
681 Bache Henry
682 Benwell John Frederick, The Rev.
683 Beetlestone William
684 Colebatch George
685 Corser William
686 Evans Henry
687 Good Thomas
Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth